Saturday, April 18, 2009

Licca by Takara of Japan


The Licca and Jenny dolls are among my favorites. I can't resist those big eyes and anime-style faces.
The blonde on the right was my first doll in my adult years. I bought her off eBay when Katie was an infant. She came with long, kinky hair and a kimono. I cut off the hair and sold the kimono, leaving me with a free doll! She is wearing an outfit from a line of dolls that didn't seem to stick around long, but they had great clothes.
The brunette on the left was a later purchase, because she reminds me of my daughter. She is wearing a Licca brand strawberry dress because Katie adores strawberries!
Funny that I have never named my Liccas or Jennys. I'll have to work on that.
I do have a great pattern book for Licca from the My Favorite Doll series of books. It is about sewing clothing with felt, which I am crazy about. The Licca dolls are the same size as Jin and Yuki, Blythe, and the Bratz, so the patterns are very useful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blythe (and Doll Customizing) on YouTube

Blythe by Ashton Drake and me!

Blythe by Ashton Drake and me!
dress for Gina Garan's fundraiser: handpainted, bubbled skirt, satin ribbon sash, "waterdrop" necklace by me, ivory tights, aqua shoes

Dress #2 for Manna Energy fundraiser by Gina

Dress #2 for Manna Energy fundraiser by Gina
straightened skirt, removed sleeves, beaded waistline, sparkle glaze on bodice and hem. Ballet shoes, "waterdrop" necklace by me, bottle of water

Dress #3 for Gina

Dress #3 for Gina
spraypainted and splattered! fake fur leggings over black ankle boots, "tattoo" headband, not shown: "waterdrop" necklace

Dress #4

Dress #4
ribbon and bead edging on skirt, matching headband, matching red shoes, "waterdrop" necklace

Dress #5

Dress #5
handpainted and drizzled with a glaze, "waterdrop" necklace, aqua boots