Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kelly Collection



I love my Kelly dolls! This cabinet has a glass door, but doesn't hold many dolls. Wish I could find some more of these--got them at Michael's craft store unfinished and painted it.

The top row reminds me of my early childhood in the late 60s--I'll have to post pictures!

The bottom row has four dresses I crocheted--actually fun to do (I love to crochet--I don't knit because I can't remember to count stitches.) There are two little coppertop twins in antique-looking dresses, a brunette in a white ballet dress, and another redhead in a strawberry costume. I made these all just by winging it, no pattern, no counting. I look forward to doing more....so I have a drawerful of Kelly dolls waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blythe (and Doll Customizing) on YouTube

Blythe by Ashton Drake and me!

Blythe by Ashton Drake and me!
dress for Gina Garan's fundraiser: handpainted, bubbled skirt, satin ribbon sash, "waterdrop" necklace by me, ivory tights, aqua shoes

Dress #2 for Manna Energy fundraiser by Gina

Dress #2 for Manna Energy fundraiser by Gina
straightened skirt, removed sleeves, beaded waistline, sparkle glaze on bodice and hem. Ballet shoes, "waterdrop" necklace by me, bottle of water

Dress #3 for Gina

Dress #3 for Gina
spraypainted and splattered! fake fur leggings over black ankle boots, "tattoo" headband, not shown: "waterdrop" necklace

Dress #4

Dress #4
ribbon and bead edging on skirt, matching headband, matching red shoes, "waterdrop" necklace

Dress #5

Dress #5
handpainted and drizzled with a glaze, "waterdrop" necklace, aqua boots