Saturday, March 28, 2009

I DO Believe in Barbie! I DO! I DO!

OK, so not all of my collection is small bodied--I do have some busty more-perfect-than-reality Barbies. I love the modern Barbie and the classic Barbies of the 60s and early 70s. I despise the Superstar Barbie of the late 70s and 80s. I have some of the Barbies with "closed mouth" smiles, one silkstone, an Irish Barbie (I want the Scottish Barbie and the Princess of England), an amazing pink robot-looking chick from the 80s, and a few others. I also have a few Barbie-sized Obitsus that I hand-rooted (hair) and -painted (faces.) They are treasures and I will keep them.

BTW I made and sold dolls for a few years while my daughter was small. It became too difficult keeping deadlines and shuttling to the post office. Now that my kiddo is older, I may start again. But I get too much satisfaction out of donating to charitable causes to worry about a business again.

I even have some guys: an Action Man from the UK, a Frank Sinatra (Ken), a Blaine (Ken from the 90s), and another Mattel guy that was the Dad in some family. I'd like to have a Ken from the 70s.

The deal is, these types Barbies and Kens are not my focus. I prefer to sew clothes and make homes for the smaller bodies, and it is fun that they can share clothes. But I also always have my doll radar on for any doll interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blythe (and Doll Customizing) on YouTube

Blythe by Ashton Drake and me!

Blythe by Ashton Drake and me!
dress for Gina Garan's fundraiser: handpainted, bubbled skirt, satin ribbon sash, "waterdrop" necklace by me, ivory tights, aqua shoes

Dress #2 for Manna Energy fundraiser by Gina

Dress #2 for Manna Energy fundraiser by Gina
straightened skirt, removed sleeves, beaded waistline, sparkle glaze on bodice and hem. Ballet shoes, "waterdrop" necklace by me, bottle of water

Dress #3 for Gina

Dress #3 for Gina
spraypainted and splattered! fake fur leggings over black ankle boots, "tattoo" headband, not shown: "waterdrop" necklace

Dress #4

Dress #4
ribbon and bead edging on skirt, matching headband, matching red shoes, "waterdrop" necklace

Dress #5

Dress #5
handpainted and drizzled with a glaze, "waterdrop" necklace, aqua boots